|Croeso i Gymdeithas Gymreig Calgary. Sefydlwyd y Gymdeithas yn 1906, ac felly, mae’n un o’r cymdeithasau hynaf yn Alberta. Un o amcanion y Gymdeithas yw creu lle i gyfarfod fel Cymry ‘ar wasgar’. Mae croeso cynnes hefyd, i bawb sydd a diddordeb yng Nghymru neu unrhywbeth ‘Cymreig’.Rydym yn eich annog i ymuno a’r gymdeithas i sicrhau dyfodol ein diwylliant Cymreig.
Mae gan Gymru arferion a thraddodiadau unigryw ac mae’n ofynnol arnom i anrhydeddu ein etifeddiaeth. I hybu hyn, mae’r gymdeithas yn trefnu rhaglen o gyfarfodydd cymdeithasol yn ystod y flwyddyn. Mae croeso i chwi ymuno.
Os hoffech ragor o wybodaeth, cysylltwch gyda ni. Bydd croeso cynnes yn eich aros.
Y Llywydd, Cymdeithas Gymreig Calgary.
|Welcome to the Calgary Welsh Society web page. The Society has been in existence since 1906 and is one of the oldest such societies in Alberta. One of the primary aims of the society is to provide a focal and meeting point for those of Welsh origin or descent.
Individuals with an interest in Wales and things Welsh are equally welcome. As a society, we encourage individuals to take pride in our Welsh heritage and culture and to perpetuate the traditions and customs that are unique to Wales. To do this, the society organizes and celebrates a number of social and cultural events throughout the year. Details can be found under ‘Events Schedule’. We invite you to join us at one of these events.
If you would like further information, don’t hesitate to contact us.
The President, Calgary Welsh Society.
Aims & Objectives
- The perpetuation of pride in our Welsh origins and heritage
- The provision of a focal point in Calgary to which people of Welsh origin or people with interest in Wales and in things Welsh can relate for social and cultural benefit
- The establishment of a facility to assist the settlement of new Welsh Immigrants to the Calgary community through social contact and local knowledge
- To provide a resource of information about Wales for the benefit of others
- To be a vehicle of assistance and interest to Welsh visitors to the community
- To enhance the Calgary community by a collective contribution to its character
- To pursue the ideals of good citizenship and responsibility within the community
- To maintain good relationships with other sister and other ethnic organisations on the north American continent
- To furnish a programme of social and cultural activities to our members
- To maintain regular communication with our members and to encourage participation in our activities